Each new day is meant for living your best life. Experiencing new things and enjoying simple moments gives one’s life meaning, but unfortunately, we do not always wake up happy each and every morning giddy, with the desire for new experiences and adventures.
Lively moods and good spirits require routine and perseverance and It starts with a positive thought that steadily grows to a natural disposition.
Each day begins with a choice to get up and live. Make a decision to find pleasure and satisfaction in the little things which are daily occurrences, like making your bed, taking a bath, brushing your teeth, getting dress and looking at yourself in the mirror, a glass of water or a cup of tea….ahhh! another day!
Thank you, Father God!
For some of us a conscious effort may be required when it comes to noticing the simple pleasures in life that can make a big difference in the quality of daily life.
Small doses of appreciative thoughts will flourish and breed within. Highly contagious is heartfelt laughter and a smile. Your happiness will bring joy to others.
“Little drops of water, Little grains of sand, Make the mighty ocean” Ebenezer Cobham Brewer.
We must avail us to every opportunity simply by choosing to embrace each day.
Here are 7 ways that can help to accomplish this:
1. I am a firm believer in affirmations. My personal favourite thought of the day is “This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it”. It is well with me and my household and it is well with my soul”.
2. It is inevitable, irritable things can happen in the cause of the day, do not give importance to any irritations, let them go.
Hold on to the idea that your day has the potential to be a great day, regardless.
3. Complaining is such a negative habit; it serves no purpose. Besides the more you complain, the more unhappy you become, so focus on solutions and not on the problem itself.
4. There are enough hours in the day, you should not rush the day day. You do the absolute best you can and leave the rest for another day.
5. Be nice, the simple act of smiling will make you feel happier and it will also encourage others to smile back at you.
6. Be kind, first to yourself and then to others. Kindness is a responsibility. It should be a second nature.
7. Laugh! when was the last time you laugh so much that your head hurt. The ability to laugh, now there is a gift you have got to cherish!
Now, may today and every day be filled with warmth, the happiness of smiles, the sounds of laughter, the feeling of love, and the sharing of good cheer.
Thank you for reading.